Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4th Weekend (Part 1)

July 3rd, 2015- Friday

First Summer here in the States, first 4th of July weekend celebration as well. Being one of the biggest celebrations of the year, and Chicago finally not PMS-ing, fun is definitely multiplied. People of America is definitely having plans lining up- outdoor activities, shopping, parties, bbq, food, drinking and etc....

When Bree invited me for a camping trip weekend, I was so excited! For a person who have always loved outdoor activities, an ex Girl Scout member but do not always have the chance to go camping, I was like  lol.

Knowing that I have to wake up early, I still stayed up late watching "The Longest Ride" and was sobbing like a baby. Was tired the next morning but no regrets, it was my choice 

9am: Journey to Braidwood Recreation Club took about an hour, playing Taylor Swift 1989 album and catching up with Bree in the car. Road trip like this makes me happy. 

10:30am: Here we are at the private outdoor club. Nothing else needs to be done as Bree's mom, Jill has  set up all the tents and gotten us a strategic spot by the beach. I just have to change into bikini and sun tan  stayed under the shades with huge hat, sunglasses, beach towel and a body that smells like sunscreen (which attracts lots of flies & insects). 

It was about noon time after all the time spent applying sunscreen. We all gathered at the picnic table and started feasting! 

Documenting Jill making guacamole. 

eating 1 smileymy new found love, goes so well with salad, bread and chips.


Meet Greg, Tom, Greg's aunt, Amanda, Bree, Jill and Sandy.

Cream cheese with chopped olives, and garlic powder. Another new found love. I'm quite a floozy for food.

Laying down here, with wine. Tried to read, but too hot to concentrate. Definitely an excuse.

eating 2 smileyeat, drink, eat, drink.
That was my activity for the past hours and this is a selfie before I went into dreamland for 2 hours.
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Then I woke up all energized and headed to the cold lake. Water volleyball was fun and it brings back those day when I used to be good at volleyball. Now? LOLOLOLOLOL, can't even serve the ball.

Had some competitions at the basketball court. Another sport that brings back the memory *laugh* I can't even dribble properly.

The water trampoline experience reaffirmed the fact that I am no longer that good old daring and nothing-can-stop-me person. Gave up playing blob because falling into the water and climbing back up is such a pain. It requires lots of arm strength and not to forget that bikini bottom is being pulled down by friction. -.- such 18SX in front of a bunch of kids.

Picture credit to KK.

Cycled back to the camping area from the beach with this old school bicycle. 
Have you seen Bikini on Bicycle? TADAAAAA
Picture credit to Royston.


8pm: Dinner time
Dinner at Polk-a-Dot Drive In because MacD is too mainstream lol.


Going around snapping pics
The interior design reminds us of Johnny Rockets
Dessert first: The vanilla soft-serve coated with chocolate
and it kept dripping......


Royston got conned by this mini jukebox here....Goodbye 50 cents.

or maybe we don't really know how to function that? He tried on this bigger jukebox and it works....

Playing: Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie

Elvis's sculpture at the entrance to the ladies + pictures of Elvis all over the restroom. I went back out to take my camera just to capture all these.
Took about 15 mins for the fried chicken to be ready. Left the place and saw this.
AWWWWWWWWW

other sculptures

With Betty Boop

These get cold so fast but they are still crispy and good!

Oh forgot to mention that Bree and I have gotten our fishing license this morning and here we are trying to get some luck
Bree did catch a baby fish when I was out buying fried chicken lol. She's pretty good at it. As you can see, she is fishing and I'm posing with the fishing rod.
At the lake right in front of our camping site.
camp fire smileywhen the dusk arrived, it was time to start a camp fire.

No camping is complete without s'mores. Roasted marshmallow and Hershey's chocolate in between Graham crackers. First time having s'mores was back in 2012 and wasn't fond of it but now? IT'S ZE BOMB! 
Jill used sandwich iron to make apple pie- it's so good.....the rich butter taste, crispy and toasty sandwich with hot apple filling

All I can remember most was me and food. I really just can't stop eating.....like a goldfish, infinite stomach size.

Went to bed around 11. KK, Royston, Bree and I were in a 6 person tent. The temperature dropped suddenly and it was cold even with a blanket and a sweater on 
. Bree shared her sleeping bag with me in the middle of night and poor thing she could not slept well because of the Malaysians' snoring, our Malaysian gift for her. lol! 

Ok not funny, guilty is me 


[To be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment