Thursday, July 2, 2015

Korean Dessert

Caffe Bene 

February 14, 2015 - Saturday
Rating: 3.5 on Yelp

Yes, it was Valentine's Day and I was here with my friends at Glenview for some dessert. This is my first time trying bingsu. Heard about Caffe bene in Malaysia, but did not even bother to try it until I'm here in the States.

dreamy eyes smiley

The place was filled with Asians, Koreans mostly. 
Ambience: clean and bright.

Green Tea bingsu- small- $7.56

Heart shape on my lips. 
My friend just went recently and told me that they do not serve size small anymore. So it would be the large one and that could feed 2+ people. 

Bingsu is shaved plain ice with syrup. This is my first time trying out bingsu and I am definitely new to the idea that it is not flavored ice but instead drench with syrup, and I am not a fan of syrup. 
However, the taste was good. Love everything about it but secretly hoping that the ice has more flavor 


Definitely would love to go back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outdoor Cafe

June 20, 2015 - Saturday
Rating: 4  on Yelp & Google review.

I was craving for dessert and if you know me, I don't have a sweet tooth. Chocolates, candies, cakes, pastries- I can "hoard" them in the fridge, waiting for that one day that I would be craving for it. Well, we know before then it would have molds growing all over cloud smiley

So yes, been wanting to try out Outdoor Cafe. Found this place by myself when I was doing research for cafes and dessert shops nearby. It was a business plan for my class. 


Here we are, my roommate and I. A date night after a month of being apart. It was drizzling that night, we took public transportation & walked 5 blocks.

It wasn't that pack for a Saturday.

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_by black apple
The ambience

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_by black apple
Decorations

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_by black apple
Simple, clean.While waiting for our bingsu, there are lots of board games for customers to play. Free of charge.
Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_jumbling tower_by black apple
I chose uno stacko, Jenga or Jumbling Tower (as shown in picture).
It was roomie's first time playing this. The moment the tower falls, it was loud (on glass), and everybody stared at us as it was 
relatively quiet that night
Suggestion: try not to play this unless the cafe is noisy and if you would like to have unwanted attention. lol 

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_red bean bingsu_by black apple
Red bean bingsu
with lots of chopped fruits (strawberries, kiwis, pineapples, peaches, etc), vanilla ice-cream, and mochi (I could have a whole bowl of mochi lol)

I am very satisfied with the amount of fruits they give 

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_fruit bingsu_by black apple
Fruit bingsu.

If you are craving for dessert and is worrying about extra calories, I think bingsu can be one of the good choices, minus out the syrup and condense milk though.


The total bill came out to be $14.40.
Love the service there- waitress and waiter are very friendly.
Will definitely go back.

Outdoor Cafe_Chicago_by black apple
A picture of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment