Sunday, January 17, 2016

Torii TTDI

I got to know about Torii back in February 2015. 
Imagine with someone special, amazing food, classy yet cozy environment - it was superb.

Now, I am back. 
I made my reservation through phone, and I have called in to change the schedule about 4 times. 
I am so glad that the staffs are so accommodating and never once sounded rude over the phone.

Finally finally finally
January 9, 2016
A table for 6 monsters who can eat a lot, and fast.

Let's walk through the pictures with me.
 πŸ‘Worth a try
❤ Fresh
**prices stated are GST included**
10% service charged upon billing.

From the entrance
Bar table on my right, a few scattered tables, and bar tables L-ed the grill bar,
Therefore, kindly make your reservation before you come because I don't want you to get disappointed. 

The alcohol storage. Sinful.

This is the bar table located on the right from the entrance.

Menu, you're welcome :) 


I sat in front of the grill bar the first time I was here. While enjoying great company, I got to watch my food being prepared in front of me- isn't this just great enough? But warning: you may feel the heat though. Smell? I don't remember leaving smelling like smoke- I would say the ventilation is not that bad :)

Hidden Green - RM37.90
Sweet, fresh, sourish, alcohol. (I remember the alcohol content was low) lol.

Kizakura Hana - RM79.90/bottle
Hmm, I don't like it. But please understand I dislike whiskey, rice wine, tequila...But my mom said it was good, and my dad had 2 bottles of it! 

Short Rib - RM13.90 πŸ‘
sea salt + black pepper: oh this is goood

Ox Tongue - RM17.90 πŸ‘
sea salt + black pepper: juicy and chewy tongue.

Chicken Bomb - RM9.90
sweet BBQ sauce + raw egg yolk: pop the egg yolk, and mix it with the BBQ sauce- voilΓ ! No eggy smell, literally fresh egg yolk. However, I find the sauce a little too salty. 

Salmon & Kampachi (6 pcs) - RM42.90 ❤
Fresh, fresh, fresh.
That yellow sauce right there is miso paste. That was the first time I ate a fresh yellow color chrysanthemum. πŸŒ»


Sweet Potato - RM5.90
sea salt & butter: I would imagine this to be soft inside out, but it's a little hard (but cooked) inside. Not too bad :)

King Mushroom - RM6.90
Shoyu sauce: a little disappointed with the serving. Dry.


Oyster Carpaccio (3 pcs) - RM37.90 ❤
Topped with roe, a petal of flower, and that black caviar
FRESH FRESH FRESH

Mackerel - RM20.90 πŸ‘❤
Seasoned with sea salt - another fresh one 🐟

Rack of Lamb (1 pc) - RM19.90
It's about medium done, still managed to maintain its' juiciness- Great!πŸ‘Œ

Sizzling Beef - RM35.90 πŸ‘
Bbq sauce, cherry tomatoes, and crsipy garlic flakes on top: These are thin sliced sirloin- another juicy one. Very appetizing.

Wagyu Sliders (2 pcs) - RM25.90
Homemade patty, spinach, caramelized onions and scone. Taste a little different this time compared to the first time I had it, wasn't that satisfying. 

Foie Gras & Beef Gyoza - RM24.90
It means dumpling. Taste just fine. 


Avocado De La Mer - RM19.90/bowl πŸ‘
Pipping hot, freshly out from the oven. Very interesting taste. I like how the avocado goes so well with baked cheese and seafood, mushroom and a hint of piquant miso. It feels like baby food but in a good way, I bet my niece would definitely love this! Mhhmm πŸ˜

Enoki - RM5.90 πŸ‘
Topped with Katsuobushi. Another appetizing one 


Mentaiko Pasta - RM21.90 
Spaghetti with creamy sauce, topped with millions tiny winy fish roe ❤ and seaweed. First, mix the whole thing up, swirl the spaghetti with a fork, and slurp it all up. Slurp as loud as you can, we are in a Japanese restaurant πŸ˜‰ 

Torii Fried Rice - RM25.90 πŸ‘
Fried rice with foie gras, herbs and garlic chips. I like the "Wok" smell of this fried rice. It just have the "fried-ness".
extra foie gras available at RM12.90.


Bonded Unagi & Foie Gras (2 pcs) - RM29.90 πŸ‘
Grilled river eel, uberly cute thin sliced of egg, pan-seared foie gras. I will never forget the first time I had this- FIREWORKS IN MY MOUTH! Ordered 3 servings this time.

Chilled Somen Kampachi - RM19.90 πŸ‘
New creation in the shop. Very presentable and eye pleasing. Petals and flowers with fresh, raw yellowtail on top of rice vermicelli with yuzu bonito sauce. This can be served as appetizer- very light and inviting. 

Wings (2 pcs) - RM8.90 πŸ‘
I still remember the chef bbq-ing these in front of me, a pinch of sea salt on top of each chicken wings. The amount of concentration and attention given- making the CHICKEN-Perfection.


Autumn Risotto - RM27.90
Crab claw, raw egg yolk and 2 to 3 sticks of asparagus- lol, Pinpointing the number of asparagus, hoping they give more though. πŸ˜ Well, had this risotto last, when all of us are already super full. Can't comment much, it would be unfair for Monsieur Risotto.

Tables are unable to fit all the dishes at once.

And....

Mandatory picture. I can't hide my tummy, I did try though. πŸ˜‚


Torii's website

18, Lorong Datuk Sulaiman 1, 
Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 
60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Reservation: 03-7733 9309 or through online reservation

Takeaway notes: 
1. Make your reservation.  
2. Take your time to enjoy your meal. Order 2 to 3 choices at one time. After finishing, order again..and again. This way, it keeps the food hot and fresh. Your mouth, tummy, brain, and senses would have time to savor the food. 
3. Save a couple couple ringgits by going on Wednesday and Thursday- if you are a beer drinker. Kirin Ichiban & Heineken for RM10 only on these two days.
4. You can always call in and check with them regarding the latest offer (e.g. beer, sake...etc).

-End- Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment