Tuesday, June 23, 2015

First Time Visitor in New York City

My first trip to NYC was back in June 2012,

NYC has always look so fabulous in the movies and TV shows (Sex and the City, Gossip Girls & etc). I am sure the song about NYC named Empire State of Mind by Alicia Key and Jay-Z is no foreign to all. However, sad to say that my first impression of NYC was awful: non-stop ambulance sirens, and people cursing almost everywhere (Scene 1: a mother cursing at the husband while the two kids were beside them & Scene 2: a man was on the phone and kept cursing F*F*F*, I lost count.). I guess it was more of what you expected and seen on films are not always what it would be like in real life, OR maybe I was stuck in the small town in Iowa for some time and had lost touch with "reality".
head crazy rabbitmeh.

Nevertheless, there is still beauty in NYC, my 2-day trip with my sister and her friends was filled with laughter. Schedule was all done by Jun and all I did was stress about what to wear- very stress indeed LOL.

I will let the pictures do the talking from this point on.

June 2, 2012

Times Square June 2 2012
Times Square with Cherie, Teng & sis.

Planet Hollywood photobombed waiter
Lunch at Planet Hollywood, and photobombed by our waiter. Awkward smiles.

Central Park NYC Cyclist carriage
Cyclists and carriage rides are everywhere in Central Park. Even I'm one of them. teehee!

Mamma Mia Broadway NYC
First Broadway show- Mama Mia!

June 3, 2012

New York Stock Exchange NYC
The New York Stock Exchange. Spot me.
Brooklyn Bridge sisters NYC
Brooklyn Bridge with le sister. We walked from Manhattan to Brooklyn. If you have the time, I would highly recommend that you take the time to walk from one end to the other ;)

Tour bus NYC
Tour bus around NYC with Ann
Battery Park ladies NYC
Battery Park with the ladies
Statue of Liberty display 911 Memorial Center 2012
One of the display item at the 9/11 Memorial Preview Site

One World Trade Center construction 2012
When the One World Trade Center still under construction
Metropolitan Museum of Art Gossip Girls stairs
If you watch Gossip Girls, this is the Blair and Serena's stairs. Location: Metropolitan Museum of Art
No public toilets in NYC Siri says
True story- couldn't find a place to release, somewhere in the Upper East Side 
k town Kunjin restaurant korean food NYC
Dinner at Kunjin Restaurant, K Town.

I think all of us have a good impression of K Town, because finally we got to rest, release and eat.

Hotel: Double Tree by Hilton @ Jersey City
Transportation: PATH rail system, bus, subway, walking 
Other places visited: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Chinatown, Washington Square Park, Charging Bull, Empire State Building



[To be continued: NYC Part 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment