Saturday, July 25, 2015

Cafe Hoang- Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant

July 17, 2015

There are so many Vietnamese restaurants in Argyle, the mini Chinatown in Uptown, situated at the North side of Chicago. The very famous among the locals is Tank Noodle- because it is always pack with humans. I always order Pho whenever I'm there, so I can't really say much about it because a Pho is a Pho, and it taste fine to me.  

Besides Tank Noodle, I heard about Cafe Hoang from a friend, tried it a few months ago and I really love it- well just because the soup I ordered has pork knuckle in it! Soup base is spicy and delicious. So I am back again, this time with my "Better Half" and "Superstar".  

They are more adventurous than me. 

Superstar ordered Soda Hot Ga; it's egg yolk blended with condensed milk and club soda. It kinda reminds me of how people mix Guinness with raw egg for protein and muscle building. The idea of raw egg yolk disgusts me. 

*Take a sip*
chinese 1 smiley It actually tastes good. I repeat, it tastes good. It's sweet, no eggie smell, and a little tiny bit of gassiness. 

Cafe Hoang_Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant_Soda Hot Ga egg yolk condensed milk drink_by black apple
Soda Hot Ga- egg yolk with condensed milk and club soda

This bowl, is heaven. Consists of pork meatballs, grilled beef, egg roll and vermicelli noodle.

Cafe Hoang_Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant_vermicelli beef pork_by black apple
Bun Bo Nuong Cha Gio- the little tiny sauce there is peanut & fish sauce. Other than egg roll, pork and beef, there are lettuce, carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, and basils. I'm salivating now.

Cafe Hoang_Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant_by black apple
A plate of bean sprouts, basils, cilantro, lime and lettuce- this is complimentary- comes with any noodle soup that you order

Cafe Hoang_Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant_spicy hue style pork knuckle soup_by black apple
Bun Bo Hue- Spicy Hue Style Soup
Pork knuckle, sliced beef, pork blood curd, some kind of pork slice & rice noodles.

I literally finished everything except for the pork blood curd because I just can't. I was very thirsty after having this; and my conclusion is that there is too much MSG. It would definitely be great if it's rich in pork soup base, because by then MSG is not necessary.

Definitely going back for the Bun Bo Nuong Cha Gio.
clap smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment