Thursday, July 16, 2015

Chicago Beauty (Part 1)

July 12, 2015

It was a SUNny-day. Heat pierced through my sunscreen, epidermis, dermis, hypodermis and melt my fat.

Pictures for Pleasure Purpose (PPP)

Along Michigan Avenue

The Touch & Go Chess Party

The Amish- Hymn of Praise- They are distributing free CDs

Not sure what is this silver statue, but the one behind it is called the Fountain of Great Lakes 
[I will take a closer picture of it!]

See the Lions? Aged 122 years; by Edward Kemeys
Currently owned by Chicago Art Institute
The lions act as the guardians for the Art Institute building.
The south lion (closer to me) is "attracted by something in distance which he is closely watching & the north lion has his back up, and is ready for a roar and a spring." (Kemeys, 1894).
[I will take a closer picture of them!]

Street performer with saxophone
Jazz & Blues- something you don't want to miss in Chicago

Silver street performer 

Large Interior Form (16 ft 9 in), 33 years old; by Henry Moore.
A gift from Henry Moore Foundation of Hertfordshire UK.
Currently owned by: Chicago Art Institute.
"The three holes were inspired by pebbles he found by the sea...large gaps to emphasize organic three-dimensionality" (Chicago Park District, 2010)

Close up picture of the bee and the flower, almost got stung. bite smiley

Looking into My Dreams, Awilda (39 ft), by Jaume Plensa
"She is real...a young girl about 9 years old from Dominican Republic and came to Spain with her mother...The eyes are closed because we keep beauty inside ourselves, and one day we all need to look inside" (Plensa, 2014).
This statue will only be here till December 2015.

So I guess this is how I look whenever I use my selfie stick. 

Also known as the Big Red- cupcakes anyone?

Chicago Flag
4 stars symbolize crucial historical events: Fort Dearborn, the Great Chicago Fire 1871, the World's Columbian Exposition 1893, & the Century of Progress Exposition 1933-34
3 White Stripes: North, South & West
Top blue stripe: Lake Michigan & North Branch of Chicago river
Bottom blue stripe: South branch of Chicago river & the canal
(Loerzel, 2013)

East side of the Michigan Avenue bridge

STOP!! and STARE- because it's ice-cream

Shining bright- bling~
Chicago Skyline from East Monroe Street

 Crown Fountain


Spouting water
"We'll be friends forever"

*yoga back bend*

Happiness

Somewhere in Chicago downtown

on East Madison Street

From where I sit (Starbucks next to Panera Bread)

On our way to Maggie Daley Park


Jay Pritzker PavilionAll the free music festivals and movie nights

Maggie Daley Park


Chicago Skyline from BP Pedestrian Bridge

Part of BP Pedestrian Bridge
From BP Pedestrian Bridge, overlook Taste of Chicago
Playground
Took the tallest one, the climbing was a little challenging, reminds me of IKEA loft bed's ladder/stairs
Sliding down was quite scary exciting & my body hit left and right when I reached the spiral point 
bored smiley  
And this one? I had to manually slid myself down
awkward moment when parents were starring at you

The Talk Tubes
yes, I've played it too
bunny smiley

Boat house

Chicago Yacht Club 


Parking dock (sunset mode)

Watching geese swimming towards us, hoping to get lucky food; 



 then swimming away disappointed-ly angrily


Took the following pictures as according to the numbering
1. "Ohmy look at my face without make-up!"
2. "Wait, I sense something...someone is watching"
3. *Shocked* "Dang it, paparazzi!"
4. *Swims away* - apply make up


And make a huge "comeback" + best angle!


The "Paparazzi"
From the dock, we talk about our dreams and hopes....
and we know everything will be fine.



Dusk- 8:46pm

Crown Fountain

Chicago Athletic Association

[To be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment