Monday, July 27, 2015

Malaysians Gathering- Selamat Hari Raya

July 19, 2015

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_Bouquet flowers_by black apple

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, mohon maaf zahir dan batin. 


It was a beautiful Sunday after Taylor Swift's concert. Eve, my cousin invited my roommate and I over for a Malaysian gathering / Raya celebration / her birthday. Though it was a last minute plan, she and Rehan still managed to prepare so many scrumptious Malaysian dishes.

Ketupat, Satay sauce & cucumber

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_Ketupat Satay sauce_by black apple

Chicken Satay


Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_Chicken Satay_by black apple

Ladies Finger

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_Ladies finger_by black apple

Chicken Rendang

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_chicken rendang_by black apple

Fried Meehoon (Rice vermicelli)


Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_fried meehoon_by black apple

Roti Jala (Lace pancake)

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_roti jala lace pancake_by black apple

Keropok (Prawn Crackers)


Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_keropok prawn crackers_by black apple

Curry Chicken


Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_curry chicken_by black apple

High quality, professional food pictures credit to Eve Lim, Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Yes, Watermelon lol

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_watermelon_by black apple

Cake from Eataly

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_eataly cake_by black apple
The cake slid, and that's why it looks like this. Art eh.

Longan Jelly

Selamat Hari Raya_Malaysians_longan jelly_by black apple
These jellies, haven't had them in a while!!!! 

Just looking through these pictures, I'm  drool smiley already. These dishes' tastes and presentation are so good that I'm talking about starting up a new Malaysian restaurant- I'd be a regular.

(L:R) Eve, Me, Andrea, Chris, Fazil, Alex, Dora & Rehan. Picture credit to roommate.

Here's the story. I just found out that I have a cousin in Chicago in May through my uncle, her name is Eve. Met her up and we chatted a lot. She is such a sweet lady, helping me with everything, more than I could ask for. Now feeding me with home-made food. As usual, when there's food, there's me - and I will turn into a goldfish instantly. bulbar smiley Kept munching until I feel see my tummy bloated out, then only I stopped eating. Thank God my kebaya managed to cover it. Oh, I own the outfit for 2 years, and I finally get to wear them! 
bunny smileyAnyway, it was a very lovely afternoon, meeting new friends and to know that there are more Malaysians in Chicago than I expected.  Thank you once again for the meal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2015

Talking about Malaysian food and a cousin whom I just met. I learned from Eve that I have an uncle here in Chicago as well! How amazing is that?! How fate works! So I told my dad, and apparently he knows my uncle's elder brother and parents as well. 

Superstar, Better Half and I embarked our journey to "Meet My Uncle for the First Time". We went to his restaurant- Asian Noodle House for lunch. Half way through, he came and we chatted and laughed all way through.

Prawn Noodle

Asian Noodle House_Prawn Mee_by black apple

Char Kuey Teow (Stir Fried Rice Cake Strips)


Asian Noodle House_Char Kuey Teow fried noodle_by black apple

Rojak (Fruits and Vegetables Salad)


Asian Noodle House_rojak vegetables fruits salad_by black apple

Bak Kut Teh (Herbal Pork Soup)


Asian Noodle House_bak kut teh herbal pork soup_by black apple


Meet my uncle, Kevin.

Asian Noodle House_uncle Kevin_by black apple
It was very nice meeting him. Will definitely go back to visit whenever I can.

It's a small world after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment