Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Taylor Swift 1989 Tour Chicago (RECAP)


July 18, 2015



Taylor Swift 1989 Tour Setlist (Chicago)

Welcome to New York
New Romantics
Blank Space
I Knew You Were Trouble
I Wish You Would
How You Get The Girl
I Know Places
All You Had To Do Was Stay
You Are In Love
Clean
TS ft Andy Grammer- Honey I'm Good
Fifteen (Specially for Chitown fans)
Love Story
TS ft Serayah- Style
This Love
Bad Blood
We Are Never Getting Back Together
Enchanted & Wildest Dreams 
Out of The Woods
Shake It Off



Dreams do come true.

Left my house around 4pm, it was so gloomy, stormy, lightning and raining cats and dogs. I have my umbrella and rainboots on, ready to brave the rain. Just when I stepped out of the building, I only feel a few drops of rain, but the sky still feels so unwelcoming; so I decided not to change (weather forecast says it was going to rain till 8pm anyway).

Took about 30 mins to downtown, and it was SUNNY, sun is out sky is clear and blue kind of SUNNY. So yes, I have to hold my huge umbrella and walking around with my stuffy rain boots. bored smiley One cannot trust Chicago weather forecast. Not sure if I have mentioned before, if Chicago was to be a lady, she would be the lady who is constantly having Premenstrual Syndrome, or a man who loves to play games.

After a fulfilling meal in Chinatown, we are on our way heading towards Soldier Field. 
They, the ambassadors of Kung Fu Tea. lol

The Journey to Soldier Field


Traffic was a little crazy but there are authorities to maintain traffic order.

Look at the beautiful Chicago skyline
The crowd heading towards there
Soldier Field Museum

Mounted polices, I think they know I am taking picture of them, all posing for it lol
Queue to go in, it might seem like a lot of people but it did not take long though.

No selfie stick, no water bottles, no umbrellas....etc
I saw tons of water bottles, filled or unfilled, umbrellas and selfie sticks in the trash can. And NO, no way I'm giving up my favorite umbrella.  It just came up to me that I can hide my stuffs somewhere. I crossed over the fence at the side of the queue, ran into the "woods" and hide my umbrella and water bottle in the bush.

 big smile2 smiley

Panorama view of the stadium from I'm seated. It was almost 7pm, the stadium is not filled yet.

Zooming in, capturing those who are able to see TS from the closest view distance.

First performer- Shawn Mendes


Canadian, only 17, young and talented.



Black Apple

Malaysian, fan of Taylor Swift. Can't sing, but confident, and up for challenges bodybuilder smiley 



Vance Joy


Australian, only 28, hit single- Riptide.
In the Verse 2 of the lyrics: "There's this movie I think you'll like" - is referring to the movie Midnight Cowboy. (YAS! another movie in the watch-list)




In the meanwhile, sceneries on my right caught my attention. 

*Zoom in*

*Held my breath* just to take this shot.

Wefie.

HAIM


From Los Angeles, rock band, siblings, each portraits own personality that caught my attention. Taylor Swift's besties.


Este

Danielle

Alana
Love Este's headbanging, she should go for some hair advertisement as well.
Didn't get to go TS's Red Tour Malaysia, but get to do it in Chitown for 1989 tour, thanks to Roy!

There are trivia and videos of fans and friends to entertain the crowd.

When it was 9pm,

It was time......the moment.....we all have been waiting for....





When the lights shut off, our wristbands lighted up, my heartbeat stops.

THERE SHE IS! OUT SINGING WELCOME TO NEW YORK.

SCREAMED LIKE A MAD WOMAN, I  SCREAMED.

Welcome to New York

Blank Space, it was so hot when Taylor hit the pole to create a beat, and incorporated it into the song with "Chitown" and the beat as base. 



Taylor Swift said "You can call me Tay Tay and in return I can call you Chitown".


I Knew You Were Trouble was remixed- and it was so cool too!!!!


Somewhere along the line, I Wish You Would How You Get the Girl were performed. 

I Know Places
Taylor interacts with the crowd a lot...and here is one life lesson she said  that I remember:

"Making mistakes do not make you damaged or tarnished, it makes you Clean"- Taylor Swift 

Preaching life lessons

Clean
This is the only proof that the wristband can be in yellow color, only during the concert though.

The fireworks at Navy Pier started when Andy Grammer and TS were singing Honey, I'm Good
and it lasted till TS finished singing Fifteen, a song, specially for the Chitown crowd

Fifteen







Amazingly beautiful

From playing guitar to playing keyboard, singing Love Story


Love Story
Standing at the end of the elevated stage which goes 360 degrees. OH MY GOD! I really wish you all get to witness that.
Love Story

Jeng Jeng Jeng.....outfit changed. Singing Style, featuring Serayah.


Style

Serayah & TayTay

Playing: This Love


This Love


Bad Blood
We are Never Ever Getting Back Together


Taylor Swift playing piano while singing Enchanted & Wildest Dreams

Playing: Out of the Woods

Out of the Woods

Out of the Woods

Grand Finale


Playing: Shake it Off


Shake it Off
The stage continues to spin round and round
Shake it off- ended with fireworks.

Featuring Selena Gomez, HAIM, stylist, etc....not to forget Taylor Swift's cats- Meredith (the not so friendly one) and Olivia (the tamer one). Cuteness overload when Meredith was struggling to get off.

Fans all over the stadium

Call it a superb good night, a memory to be cherished.

3 comments: